Beginning with the discussion of national countermeasures in the European Union, UNESCO and ICOMOS have established policy directions and action plans for adaptation and mitigation of cultural heritage to climate change, and are leading damage reduction and participation in climate action. In addition, the European Union has set climate change and sustainable development as strategic topics and fully supported research in the field of cultural heritage and climate change. Beginning with the initial risk assessment and scientific basis data calculation, starting with basic research, the climate change impact prediction technology has been advanced, and now it is developing with an emphasis on climate change IT technology and carbon-neutral technology. In view of this, it is most necessary first to concentrate on reducing the damage of cultural heritage by conducting a risk assessment to understand the impact of climate change and then to establish a response plan according to the urgency. In addition, a balanced research on both the adaptation and mitigation of climate change should be made by focusing on carbon reduction using traditional technologies.
유럽연합에서 범국가적인 대책 논의를 시작으로 UNESCO와 ICOMOS는 문화유산의 기후변화 적응과 완화를 위한 정책방향과 실행계획을 수립하고 피해저감과 기후행동 동참을 주도하고 있다. 또한 유럽연합은 ‘기후변화와 지속가능한 발전’을 주요 의제로 채택하고 ‘문화유산과 기후변화’ 분야의 연구를 전략적으로 지원하였다. 초기의 위험도 평가, 과학적 근거자료 산출 기초연구를 시작으로 기후변화 영향 예측기술의 고도화를 거쳐 현재에는 정보통신기술을 접목한 기후변화 IT 기술과 탄소중립기술에 중점을 두고 발전하고 있다. 이를 볼 때 한국은 기후변화 영향을 파악할 수 있는 위험도 평가를 우선 실시하여 시급성에 따라 대응계획을 수립하여 피해를 저감하는 것이 가장 필요할 것으로 판단된다. 또한 전통기술을 활용하여 탄소저감에 중점을 두고 대응하여 기후변화 적응과 완화 양부문에 균형적인 대응이 이루어져야 한다.
- CHA (2012) Establishment of Comprehensive Countermeasures for Climate Change Adaptation of Cultural Heritage.
- CHA (2020) Press release article "47 cases damage to heritage due to heavy rainfall", Aug 12, 2020.
- ICOMOS, 2019, The future of our pasts: engaging cultural heritage in climate action.
- IPCC (2018) Annex I: Glossary [Matthews, J.B.R. (ed.)]. In: Global Warming of 1.5°C. An IPCC Special Report on the impacts of global warming of 1.5°C above pre-industrial levels and related global greenhouse gas emission pathways, in the context of strengthening the global response to the threat of climate change, sustainable development, and efforts to eradicate poverty [Masson-Delmotte, V., P. Zhai, H.-O. Pörtner, D. Roberts, J. Skea, P.R. Shukla, A. Pirani, W. Moufouma-Okia, C. Péan, R. Pidcock, S. Connors, J.B.R. Matthews, Y. Chen, X. Zhou, M.I. Gomis, E. Lonnoy, T. Maycock, M. Tignor, and T. Waterfield (eds.)]. p.544.
- Korea Adaptation Center for Climate Change (2020) Information Portal of KACCC, https:kaccc.kei.re.kr/portal/climatechange/climatechange_list.do
- Korea Meteorological Administration (2020) Aug 2020 Climate Analysis Information, pp.1-13.
- National Research Institute of Cultural Heritage (2010) Soping Research of Cultural Heritage Technology (CHT) for Climate Change Response.
- National Research Institute of Cultural Heritage (2011) Securing of Invasive Biospecies Information and Establishing of Adaptation Strategy Against Global Warming.
- National Research Institute of Cultural Heritage (2013) Mid to long-term Biological Scoping Research for Climate Change Response of Outdoor Wooden Heritage.
- Sabbioni et al., 2010, The Atlas of Climate Change Impact on European Cultural Heritage-Scientific Analysis and Management Strategies.
- The Guardian, 2020, 'Venice floods as forecasts fail to predict extent of high tide', https://www.theguardian. com/weather/2020/dec/08/venice-floods-as-forecasts-fail-to-predict-extent-of-high-tide
- UNESCO, 2007, Case studies on climate change of World Heritage.
- UNESCO, 2007, Policy document on the impacts of climate change on World Heritage properties.
- UNESCO, 2007, Predicting and managing the effects of climate change on World Heritage.
- World Heritage Centre, 2020, SOC(State of Conservation) https://whc.unesco.org
- Yeonhap News (2020) "Butterfly effect of global warming, melting of north glacier caused rain bomb in Korea, China and Japan", 4 Aug, 2020 News report.
- Publisher :The Society of Cultural Heritage Disaster Prevention
- Publisher(Ko) :문화재방재학회
- Journal Title :Journal of the Society of Cultural Heritage Disaster Prevention
- Journal Title(Ko) :문화재방재학회논문집
- Volume : 6
- No :1
- Pages :47-56